Wednesday, July 21, 2010

According to Akshay i am quiter : Trisha

A veteran of over 30 films down South, Trisha Krishnan is all set to make her Bollywood debut this Friday with KHATTA MEETHA. Though she has been in the business of films for close to 7-8 years now, it was an altogether new start for her when it came to her Bollywood sojourn. No wonder, she was a little reserved to begin with, something that caught the notice of her producer and co-star Akshay Kumar who did all to make her feel comfortable on the sets.
"That's right; I wasn't interacting much with people during my early days KHATTA MEETHA. Also, for every actor the first couple of days on any film are a little awkward since you are playing a new character. I was in the same state for KHATTA MEETHA as well," remembers Trisha who is enjoying a mega Bollywood debut that sees Priyadarshan calling the shots, "In any case, I am a bit reserved by nature. Also, I was a little tense about dialogues because this is my first Hindi film. This is where Akshay came in and told me what he thought about me."

What he went on to say next relaxed the whole atmosphere on the sets and enlivened the proceedings for all.

"He said that girls in Mumbai talk so much while I was just opposite to them as I was so much quieter. For him, it was such a new experience after all", laughs Trisha, "I told him 'Ok, I take your feedback. I will now make an effort to change myself'. Credit to him actually for making me feel so much more involved. He is such a veteran and could have easily opted to stay in his own world but he still made an effort."

No comments:

Post a Comment