Wednesday, July 14, 2010

I am on top : Sameera Reddy

Sameera Reddy could well believe that she has had a new phase kick starting in her career. Though majority are aware about the controlled and impressive performance she has given in last weekend's release RED ALERT - THE WAR WITHIN, not many know that this is not the only reason for her feeling joyous. That's because on the same Friday, her Malayalam film ORU NAAL VARUM with none other than Mohan Lal also opened. That's not all as the film is a commercial success.

"It has been one crazy weekend and I have loved every moment of it", says Sameera who is indeed ecstatic about the turn of events, "I was on phone the entire day and congratulatory calls were pouring in for both RED ALERT and ORU NAAL VARUM. After a while, I just started enjoying the good words rather than keep track of who was congratulating me for which film."
After the hat trick of successful films in the form of RACE, DE DANA DAN and ONE TWO THREE, Sameera now has two new films of hers which have got her attention all over again.

"Both my new releases were performance oriented films and hence the response this time was very different from what it was in case of DE DANA DAN or RACE", says Sameera, "RED ALERT was pretty offbeat while this Malayalam film was about divorce and pain that comes with it. It was Priyan who had requested me to do this film and I am glad I did it. I am told by the director that it is a hit. This film is special because it has also got a social message.

Well, same is the case with 'RED ALERT as well which is as topical as it gets. Does it mean that Sameera could well be turning into a social crusader of sorts?

Laughs Sameera, "Nahi, aisa kuch nahi hai. I didn't plan it this way at all. It is just coincidental that both films have released together."

No comments:

Post a Comment