Monday, July 12, 2010

Lamhaa was shocking experience says Bipasha

It was nothing short of an ordeal for the entire cast and crew of LAMHAA to pull the film together during last couple of years. With the political unrest quite prevalent in Srinagar, it was a shocking experience for director Rahul Dholakia, actress Bipasha Basu and many others who reached the valley for the first schedule of the film. Such bad was the situation there that fearing for her life, Bipasha had to rush back home in the first week of the filming itself.

"It was indeed quite unnerving to be shooting in Kashmir because you do fear for the loss of your life", admits Bipasha as she recollects the horror of the days she spent in the valley, "There are guns all around in open and you don't quite know what's round the corner. You can understand it all only when you are there. This is when you get the true feeling of fear."
As is known to one and all, once she was back in Mumbai, it required assurance from her co-actor Sanjay Dutt that made Bipasha pack her bags again.

"Yes, Sanjay really assured me that I would feel secure this time around", says Bipasha, "His presence really helped because he has a lot of connections out there. He had shot MISSION KASHMIR a decade back and knows people in police and government. He gave me a word that I would be very-very safe shooting for the film. He gave me his promise and I had no reasons not to believe him."

She adds on a parting note, "See, I am a regular person after all. I wouldn't have given my life for a film. I would not have gained anything. I am not a martyr after all."

No comments:

Post a Comment